1. Ordinary medical masks are used to block the sprays […]
1. Ordinary medical masks are used to block the sprays exhaled from the oral cavity and nasal cavity, and can be used for disposable hygiene care in ordinary medical environments with the lowest level of protection. It is suitable for general health care activities, such as sanitation, liquid preparation, cleaning bed units, etc., or barrier or protection of particles other than pathogenic microorganisms such as pollen.
The most effective role of 95 masks is to prevent and control the spread of severe respiratory diseases, such as SARS or influenza, and the outbreak of the new coronavirus. Masks marked with KN95, N95, FFP2 and above standards can be selected.
2. Studies have shown that within the pre-specified range, surgical masks are no worse than KN95/N95 masks in preventing influenza. Zhong Nanshan, the leader of the high-level expert group of the National Health Commission for the fight against SARS, also said, "It is not necessary to wear N95 masks. General masks can block most of the virus-laden droplets from entering the respiratory tract and prevent the new coronavirus. , Wearing a mask is still useful.” So if you can’t buy an N95 mask, you can choose a general surgical mask.
3. At present, there are many kinds of masks on the market, and the name of the mask has the words medical, protection, etc., which may not have the effect described, so how do we judge? Regardless of whether it is a medical protective mask or a surgical mask, ordinary medical masks are medical devices and are included in the management of medical devices. The production and management of medical devices in our country are quite strict. Therefore, if conditions permit, try to choose products with brand names. Masks with medical device production license and medical device product registration certificate.
In addition, some masks on the market implement the GB/T 32610 standard, which is the country's first national standard for civilian protective masks. It is used to filter the air entering the mouth and nose to prevent harmful gases, odors, and droplets from entering and exiting. Apparatus for the wearer's nose and mouth. It is mainly divided into cotton masks, non-woven masks, polymer masks, activated carbon powder filter masks, and activated carbon fiber felt masks. Masks that implement civilian standards are not in the medical category, but they also have a certain protective effect. If you can't buy a machine brand product, you can also consider buying this.
4. When purchasing, you should also pay attention to the implementation standards of masks. Different implementation standards have different protection effects. Don't just pay attention to the product name. If the implementation standard on the package is YY 0469-2011, this kind of mask is a medical surgical mask, which has a higher protective effect than ordinary medical masks. Ordinary medical masks generally implement relevant registered product standards (YZB) or YY/T0969 -2013.