When you buy masks recently, you will find that KN95 ma […]
When you buy masks recently, you will find that KN95 masks/N95 masks are divided into two types: with or without breathing valve and without breathing valve. Why do masks have breathing valves? If mask wearers, people with chronic respiratory diseases, heart diseases or other diseases accompanied by breathing difficulties, use KN95 masks/N95 masks, it may make it more difficult for the wearers to breathe. Why? We know that KN95 or N95 masks have a relatively high level of protection. It can be understood that this type of mask with good protection effect is thicker, so the breathing force needs to be stronger than ordinary masks. Therefore, the use of KN95 or N95 masks equipped with breathing valves can help them breathe more easily and help reduce heat accumulation.
Breathing valve difference
We often see some more expensive masks like KN95 and N95. As for the difference between KN95 and N95, we will not discuss it here. For the difference between KN95 and N95 and medical masks, you can check the "Detailed introduction of KN95 masks, N95 masks" , What is the difference between medical masks and medical surgical masks". This article mainly introduces the breathing valve, such as anti-smog masks have a breathing valve switch like a button. The design of the breathing valve is one-way air out, with several layers of flaps on it.
When inhaling, the mouth cover will close tightly. At this time, the air inhaled by the wearer enters through the mask, that is, the air is filtered through the mask before entering the human body. At this time, the mouth cover is closed to ensure that no particles enter. When exhaling, the mouth cover will open. At this time, the air exhaled by the wearer passes through the exhaust port to let the hot and humid air radiate. At this time, the exhausted air is not filtered by the mask.
Some people may think that the effect of breathing valve is better and the protection effect is better. The fact is, the same, whether a mask has a breathing valve or not can protect the wearer. The difference is that the N95 with an exhalation valve can protect the wearer, but because the breathing valve mentioned above is a one-way design, the gas exhaled by the wearer is not filtered, and the droplets or germs and viruses exhaled by the wearer will pass through the breathing valve. To the surroundings, the mask with breathing valve only protects the wearer but not the people around. Mainly used in industrial dust masks and anti-smog (PM2.5) masks, not suitable for medical institutions. If you are a virus carrier, please use N95 without an exhalation valve and do not spread the virus. At the same time, readers are reminded that if you see a confirmed patient wearing a respirator mask, be careful!
You can watch the news program. You will find that the front-line doctors and nurses wear masks without breathing valves. Therefore, for medical use, they do not have breathing valves. Only civilians have breathing valves.
1. Whether the mask has a breathing valve or not has the same protective effect on the wearer, but if there is a breathing valve, it only protects the wearer and does not protect the surrounding people;
2. If you have been diagnosed with pneumonia, please use a mask without breathing valve;
Precautions for wearing KN95 mask
1. Wash your hands before wearing a mask, or avoid touching the inner side of the mask with your hands during the process of wearing a mask to reduce the possibility of contamination of the mask.
2. When wearing a mask, you must distinguish the inside, outside, top and bottom of the mask; the KN95 mask has the printed side as the outside; one end of the metal strip/sponge strip is above the mask.
3. Do not use your hands to squeeze the mask, including N95 masks, which can only isolate the virus on the surface of the mask. If you squeeze the mask with your hands, the virus will wet the mask with the droplets, and there is still a chance of infection.
4. Make sure that the mask fits well with the face as much as possible. The simple test method is: After putting on the mask, exhale forcefully so that air cannot leak from the edge of the mask.