Hot-air cotton, also known as breathable cotton, is one […]
Hot-air cotton, also known as breathable cotton, is one of the raw materials for the production of KN 95 mask (substitutes for N95 masks listed on the CDC). It is an alternative to spray-coated cotton and silk cotton. Hot air cotton is different from spray cotton. Its fixing method is not latex, but a certain amount of low-melting fiber or ES two-component fiber is mixed into the raw material, and the fiber is fused by thermal baking during the production process, so it is also one of the synthetic fibers. Hot-air cotton has fast production speed, large output and low cost.
The "ES" in the ES hot air cotton is a composite fiber, which is the abbreviation of the English "Ethylene-Propylene Side BySide", which refers to the name of the raw material. As a new type of thermally bonded composite fiber, ES fiber is highly evaluated worldwide. The "hot air" of hot air cotton refers to a process in which after the fibers are carded, hot air from a drying device penetrates the fiber web and heats it to bond the resulting nonwoven fabric.
ES Hot Air Cotton Features
When the carded fiber web is thermally bonded by hot rolling or hot air, the low melting point component forms a fusion bond at the intersection of the fibers. After cooling, the disjoint fibers maintain their original state, which is a form of "point bonding" instead of "area bonding", so the product has the following characteristics.
1. Pure white, fluffy, soft to the touch, good elasticity, warmth, moisture absorption and air permeability.
2. Use natural flame-retardant fiber without dripping. Has a permanent self-extinguishing effect.
3. A dense layer of carbonaceous coal is formed during the combustion process. Low carbon dioxide content, only a small amount of non-toxic smoke
4. Stable acid and alkali resistance, non-toxic, without any chemical effects. The product is naturally degradable and meets environmental protection requirements.
Disadvantages of hot-air cotton: low strength and not easy to deform.
How hot air cotton is made
1. The production process of hot air cotton: mixing-unwinding-feeding-carding-netting-main carding-hot air baking-rolling-slitting
2. Cotton blending: blended fiber, blended fiber.
3. Initial opening: transport the mixed materials to the pre-opening machine for initial crushing and unsealing.
4. Fine relaxation: The fiber material to be used by the pre-opening machine can be spread well here, so that the crimped fiber can be fully stretched for carding.
5. Cotton collection: The pipeline transports the small open raw materials to the cotton collector, where the open raw materials are fluffy and soft.
6. Carding: The cotton collector sends the small loose doll cotton to the carding machine, and then combs the fibers into a net.
7. Net: Lay the carded cotton to the specified width and thickness according to the parameters.
8. Hot pressing: Here, the cotton laid in the mesh is pressed to the specified thickness according to the specified parameters, and the fiber is first formed and placed in the oven, where the hot pressing is completed.
9. Forming: Here, the fiber is heat-pressed and sterilized to the specified thickness according to the specified parameters. (The two steps of hot pressing and forming are slightly different from the needle punching process, please pay attention to the difference)
10. Decorative tape: Cut the environmentally friendly resin cotton into the specified width or sheet size according to the specified parameters, package the goods, and complete the production.